Wednesday, February 18, 2009

3 Christians that tick me off.

Maybe this sounds like a rant but after my experiences over the last couple of days I think it is warren ted. Being a Christian leader who has an active desire to see his world healed makes this a flow from the heart

1. The guy who just calls himself a Christian.

I am so tired of inviting people to church and then getting the line about the hypocrites that go to church as a defense for not going themselves. I recognize that is a week argument and doesn't make a difference on whether or not a person should follow Christ but the sad mark is that I really can't argue with them. I am so tired of so called Christians. I fully recognized Jesus' sentiment when he said that he wished folks were either cold or hot but sense they are just luke warm he feels like puking them. I get it. It is so disheartening to see folks smiling faces on Sunday morning knowing that at work no one can tell they have Jesus as their savior. My opinion is that Jesus died to save me for all seven days of the week, not just Sunday.

2. They guy who calls himself a Christian and just lives a good life.

Much like the previous guy I am having a hard time believing this guy is actually saved. To me Christianity is an active relationship. By all cases it is a verb, a sense of being and doing, not just a title. I am so aggravated by Christians who are happy that they live a good life and never move beyond themselves. I am so angry with those who call themselves Christians, even those who may be in leadership, who are unwilling to take a stand and fight. I believe that the Great Commission welcomes a little horn tangling for us. We may just have to get our hands dirty and it is entirely likely that we may be a little unpopular. Society has its motion and it is going the wrong way. Dear lazy Christian, get off your backside and change your world. I live in a state where the average church size is around 30 and it has been for years. That tells me one thing. Lazy Christians are letting society go. They are to cowardly to draw a line and to stand for truth. Like the first guy, you make me sick.

3. The wallflower Christian.

The tempo of this one is very different from the first two but he makes me just as irritated. I have seen this in men and women alike and I especially see it in so called Christian leadership. I am talking about the man, or woman, who acts as if they would break if you countered them. They are a shrieking violet, a gentle dove. These are the folks who's favorite picture of Jesus is the mild mannered, pale shepherd who delicately holds a lamb as if it would break. Might I remind you, that isn't Jesus. Yes David refers to God as a shepherd and he talks about the comforting aspects of God. These are indeed true but lets face it, that the reference to God only at those times when David truly needed rest. Other times God bolstered David to conquer. Jesus also made a whip and drove the merchants from His temple. Jesus was one tough guy with a soft heart.
Folks who act as if to be a maturing Christian is to be a wimp make me sick. To act this way makes the world believe that Christianity is irrelevant. After all, who would swear allegiance to a wus, who would trust their life to a man who seems barley able to keep his eyes open. Wallflower Christians make me sick.

No comments: