Monday, April 13, 2009

Thinking of today

I am so saddened by the way some think. I wonder what was the feeling in Paul's heart as observed that "they have traded the truth for a lie." I wonder what pain my Father feels as he looks at his children who seem bent on self destruction. Does Jesus still feel the nails? I have watched people fight with hatred to do what pleases their heart. Is ... Read Morethis what evil has the ability to drive us too? How long will God stomach this? How long before he says, "enough"?
I know that I will be glad to get to Heaven but I can't help wondering, contrary to popular teaching in the Church, if I won't since a twinge of saddness for a world of lost people. Will I not see a tear of hurt on the face of my God when i get to his throne to worship him? Should this punishing thought not behoov me, all of us, to chase every one who will parish so that they may be saved before it is too late? Has history taught us nothing? Are we willing to allow the current events in Iow ato be relegated to the, "that's too bad's" and the "glad isn't me's" of history"? or will we alas be motivated to fulfill our Great Commission? Will we finally see the world of hurt and death through the eyes of the Creator who sent his only begoten Son to save it? I wonder. I am another Joshua. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Will you.

No comments: